The key to success is having a business plan in place. Whether you’re about to launch a start-up or you’ve been in business for years, the direction of your business is guided by your business plan. To begin the planning process, you’ll need to do some critical analysis; business planning is about realistically forecasting where your business is going.
Market Research and Statistics Resources
- General research and statistics Find information on research and statistics resources available online. Discover how to obtain data and analysis through various channels. You can also access catalogues and materials from various Canadian government libraries.
- Science and technology Find statistics on research and development, innovation, technology use, as well as data on the performance of Canada's information and communications technologies sector.
- Environment Find Canadian indicators on a number of environmental topics, such as natural resources, pollution and protection measures.
- International Market Research & Market Selection Find International Market Research & Market Selection Information.
- Importing and exporting Find Canadian and foreign trade statistics and other data on international trade. You can use this information to help you identify opportunities to export your goods and services abroad or to replace goods and services that are currently imported into Canada.
- Industry sector data Find statistics that are specific to your industry. This information can help you better understand your industry and help you keep up to date on the latest trends that could impact your business.
- Demographics Find official statistics on a number of population characteristics, organized by topic. Demographic data can help you understand who your customers are, where they are located and what their needs and wants are.
- Labour and employment data Find statistics and analysis on the current monthly labour market statstics, employment issues (such as hours worked, number of employees and payrolls) and income. Learn more about the various surveys conducted by Statistics Canada and access the data.
- Conducting market research Learn more about market research, how it can improve your business decisions and how to conduct a market research campaign.