FOOD VENTURE PROGRAM
Starter Company Plus Food Venture Program
Make it Happen!
Explore your food business idea from many angles, and arrive at a plan to get your food business idea off the ground.
Application Deadline Feb 18th, 2020
Participants Notified for approval Feb 25th, 2020 (limited seats available)
Food Venture Program Start date March 3, 2020
During this 12 week program, you will get learn about:
- Market Feasibility of your idea
- Competitive Analysis, Constraints and Channels
- Financial Feasibility
- Food Products Sales Processes
- Food Processing Equipment & Usage
- Guidelines for Food Packaging
- Business Plan Development
- Sanitation Training
- Recipe Development
- Business Plan Coaching
All training sessions are held on Tuesdays 9:00 am to 12:30 pm (see calendar)
By attending this boot camp, you will have the information you need to make a go-no-go decision about your food business idea, and a network of experts and entrepreneurs to accompany you along the way.
Bonus! With successful completion of the program, we will support your application to the Ontario Government Starter Company Grant for $5,000 to start or expand your food processing, manufacturing or catering business.
Criteria to Pitch for up to $5,000
- Participants must attend all training sessions
- Participants must attend all mentoring sessions
- Participants must complete all training and mentoring, submit a business plan and pitch deck to qualify to pitch for a Grant up to $5,000
Successful applicant will be notified by February 25th, see the calendar for session dates.