Starter Company Plus Grant Expenditures
What can I spend the grant on?
The grant must be spent on business expenses. It is considered taxable personal income to the government, so please be advised that it may affect any assistance you may be receiving.
- Tools and equipment
- Computers (up to $1000)
- Office equipment (paper, printer, ink, storage)
- Materials for creation of a product
- Inventory of a product (maximum $2000)
- Uniforms (max $500)
- Marketing materials (business cards, website, logo creation, signs)
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Business Insurance (max $500)
- Promotional Merchandise (mugs, bottles, bags, pens, calendars, t-shirts etc.)
- Vehicle purchase/maintenance/insurance
- Repayment of business debts
- Purchases that would be considered personal in nature
- Industry training or education.