Starter Company Plus Eligibility
To be eligible, the business must:
- Proposing to start a new business, expand and existing business or purchase a business
- not be a business that relies on commissioned sales
- be a legal business in Ontario
- not be a franchise
- operate at arm’s length from family business ventures
- operate full-time as defined in the business plan
- maintain its own books and records
- maintain a separate bank account
- follow all government rules and regulations and applicable by-laws for the operation of the business
- be sales ready at the time of funding
Individual Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
The Applicant is:
- is not currently attending school on a full-time basis nor intending to return to school.
- is a resident of Ontario.
- is Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- is 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- does not have full-time employment outside of the Project at the time of funding.
- is fully responsible for the on-going operations and decisions of the Project and is the majority partner or shareholder.
- is not enrolled in other provincial employment or self- employment related initiatives and programs that include or do not include financial assistance
- is not currently enrolled concurrently in any self-employment programs offered by government funded organizations.
- is expected to match the grant amount they are requesting with 25% personal investment (eg $5000 grant will require $1250 personal contribution in the business)
- cannot have previously received Starter Company or Starter Company Plus funding in Ontario.
While the Starter Company initiative is open to eligible individuals, the training and mentoring is geared towards assisting those in need of business knowledge and support.
Approval into the Starter Company Plus initiative is competitive and eligible applicants may not all be accepted. As the initiative aims to address local and/or regional economic development needs, and prioritized based on specific industries and sectors.
If you are interested in participating in Starter Company Plus, complete the on-line form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date and time Sunday September 13th, 2020 by 11:59 pm. Applications closed as of September 14th, 2020, 12:00am
Complete the application form and submit.
Due to the volume of applications we will not accept hand written forms.
Successful Applicants will be notified by email on September 17th, Applicants will register within 48 hours to participate in the Mandatory Training Sessions
Agenda and Program Activities (click Here)