GROWING A BUSINESS
GROWTH WORKSHOP SERIES
These 5 half-day session workshops were designed for small businesses who are currently in operations and looking to grow.
Friday morning series 9:00am - 12:30pm
$500.00+hst / 5 sessions
1) Mapping the Path for Growth - June 3
Be prepared to step back and look at your business with fresh eyes. Learn the best practices to experiment and improve business performance. Identify the biggest opportunities for improvement and create an action plan to validate and improve customer opportunities. Let’s discover new customers!
2) Marketing Plan: A Comprehensive Understanding - June 10
In this session, you will create your “customer personas” and discover why they're important. You will also learn the “4 P’s of Marketing” and apply proven strategies to get more leads and flush out new customers.
3) Digital Marketing: Tactics to Drive New Business - June 17
Find out which online channels will drive the most sales and understand how to automate online marketing to save you time and money. Learn more about “search engine optimization” and how it can work for your business.
4) Sales Process: Closing New Business - June 24
Turn your new leads into sales! Learn about the tools to get repeat customers and develop a consistent and repeatable sales system that saves you time and money. There will be a panel discussion featuring sales experts to share how they evolved their sales process.
5) Traction Session: Keeping the Momentum - July 22
Share learning experiences and insights on what your learning. Identify ongoing coaching, mentors and skill sets that would compliment your action plan. We will also discuss the challenges you’ve encountered and develop an immediate course correction.
Is there a topic we’re missing that you’d love to learn more about? Have questions about this series? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops are based on proven marketing and sales methods to achieve Business Growth.
Developed specifically for busy business owners, these sessions will teach you how to increase sales and profitability while avoiding risk. In just five half-day sessions, you will complete an operational marketing and sales plan focused on results that is guaranteed to grow your business.
Key Benefits of the Program
- Create customer-driven marketing strategies to increase response immediately
- Find new customers and improve sales and profitability
- Learn new tools and techniques to harness the power of social media and SEO
- Proactively predict, measure, and improve marketing and sales results
- Create a customer-driven marketing action plan that will get you real results—fast
- Refine your brand and positioning to create a competitive advantage
- Network with other business professionals who provide ideas, support, and guidance
Who should attend
- Small Independent Business manager
- Established businesses that have operated for more than 2 years
- Company owners and founders – retail, service, construction, light manufacturing, consultants
- Program includes
- Over 16 hours of hands-on training and consulting
- Planning tools
- Access to a network of entrepreneurs and experts
- Learn how to use fast, agile planning techniques that are tightly integrated with execution as part of day-to-day operations
What makes this Program Different?
- A fast, efficient process to create a marketing strategy focused on immediate customer results
- Learn and apply new knowledge immediately
- Tools, processes and techniques to improve sales funnel
- Learn a holistic process that will help your business become more customer focused
- Network with other business professionals as you learn and develop a marketing plan
- Affordable (less than $20 per hour, hundreds of dollars less than hiring a consultant)
- Designed for Small Independent Business owners and management
As in prior sections in the site, we've compiled a question and answer section that will answer some of the more common questions that business people ask us. If you have something specific to ask that is not covered in this section, please feel free to contact us.
Are you ready to take your business to the next step? To grow your business, you have to be ready to roll up your sleeves and look at where you are, where you have been and where you want to go. You must clearly identify your objectives and define the steps you will need to take to achieve them. Much like starting a business, growing a business requires a comprehensive plan.
Some essential elements of your growth plan are:
- Business description
- Short term/long term goals
- Industry analysis
- Marketing plan
- Operation/procedure changes
- Key opportunities and risks (SWOT Analysis)
- Projected cash flow and statement of income
When creating your growth plan, we encourage you to review our Business Plan Guide, as your growth plan should follow a very similar format.
Finally, every company will have different growth objectives and different means of achieving their goals. If you would like to discuss your growth plan or if you have any specific questions, please contact the Waterloo Region Small Business Centre for an appointment with one of our advisors.